Open Door Policy
Drop-in hours are Monday - Friday 3-7 PM during the school year
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 12-6 PM during the summer.
During drop-in hours, Club members are free to check-in and check-out as they please. The Club is NOT required to contact an adult if your child leaves the Club. Please have a discussion with your child about your family’s rules and expectations about attending and leaving the Club. A child, if leaving the Club without an adult, is not allowed to sign-in again that day. It is important to understand that the Boys & Girls Club of Sparta is a drop in facility and is not governed by licensure as a childcare or daycare facility.
For safety reasons, once a Club member has checked-out of the Club for the day, s/he must leave the premises.
Visitors & Volunteers
Parents may visit their children at any time. Parents who wish to stay for an extended period of time must sign-in as a visitor at our front desk.
Volunteers are an integral component to Club community. All volunteers must fill out an application, a background check, and participate in an interview prior to serving at our Club. Please see someone at our front desk for volunteer information or visit our website for more information.
Lost & Found
Located in our front lobby area is a table where lost & found items are placed. The table is emptied each Friday. Items that go unclaimed are donated to a local charity. Please be advised that the Club is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
We teach our Club members to report missing items immediately. Staff and other Club members will assist in locating lost articles to the best of our ability. Parents are encouraged to use the utmost discretion when allowing electronic devices, toys, collectible cards, large amounts of money, and personal belongings to be brought to the Club.
No Refund Policy
The Boys & Girls Club of Sparta does not provide refunds on memberships, materials, field trips, snack cash punch cards, and program fees. Please remember that the Boys & Girls Club is a non-profit organization and all monies go to benefit the Club and our members. Our policy includes but is not limited to:
- Summer Camp & Field Trip Fees
- Membership Dues
- Program Fees
- Snack Cash Punch Cards
Method of Payment
We accept cash, checks, money orders, Visa and MasterCard as methods of payment. Be advised an additional fee will apply for a returned check for non sufficient funds.
If payment is made to the Club via check and it is returned due to non-sufficient funds our policy is to notify you by phone. A two week payment date will be given to you over the phone along with the bank charges and late fees. If payment is not received, a certified letter will be sent with the same information. A claim may be made to smalls claims court if payment is not made and services for your child(ren) will be rendered until payment is made.
Health & Medication Policy
- Parents/guardians must advise staff of any medical problems a member has or has had.
- If a member incurs an injury, parents/guardians will be notified by staff through a written injury report and/or phone call.
- In case of an emergency, parents/guardians will be notified immediately.
- Parents/guardians are to keep children home from the Club anytime s/he has a fever, rash, sore or runny eyes, contagious illness, diarrhea, or head lice.
- If a child stays home from school for being sick, s/he may not come to the Club that same day.
- Members who develop symptoms of a contagious illness while at the Club must be picked up immediately and are not eligible to return to the Club until 24 hours after the initial intake of prescribed medication.
- Medical forms are available for any medicine that must be administered during club hours. Children are not permitted to take medication without a completed medication form and clear communication with a staff member.
Sunscreen & Insect Repellent
- Items such as sunscreen and insect repellent must be provided by the Club member’s family.
- Club staff CANNOT physically apply sunscreen and insect repellent.
- The Club is not responsible for reactions to improper usage of sunscreen, insect repellent or any time that it is borrowed from or used by other Club members.
- All basic care items must be given to the Boys & Girls Club staff and be clearly marked with the member’s name and specific instructions.
Our phones are for Club business only. Members should use phones or receive calls in emergencies only. Our lines need to remain open in the event of an emergency. Please make any necessary arrangements before your child comes to the Club to prevent unnecessary phone tie-ups.
Soda pop, juice drinks, tea and water are available for sale through vending machines, as well as snacks, chips, candy, and some heat & serve items. Items sell between .50 and $2.00.
During the school year, our Jr. Staff Club members help run a snack bar on selected days throughout the week. Most hot food sells between $1.00 and $2.00, while snack foods sell for less than $1.00.
Breakfast items are available during the summer months through our snack bar. These items are also priced between $1.00 and $2.00.
Snack Cash Punch Cards
Snack cash punch cards are available in twenty dollar increments. Snack cash punch cards are available at the front desk for purchase. The punch cards are redeemable for food and drinks from the Club’s snack bar only. Vending machines require regular currency. Money not spent on the punch card will be considered a donation and will be used to offset operation costs at the Club.
Late Parent Policy
It is important that all Club members are picked up on time. Members must be picked up promptly by the time the Club closes. Parents who are late will receive:
- A $5 late pick up fee and $1 for each minute late will be charged per family.
- At 5 minutes late, all contacts and emergency contacts will be notified until arrangements have been made if we have not heard from a parent
- If your child is still present 30 minutes after closing, local authorities will be contacted
- Your fees will be sent via mail the next business day. Payment is expected within 5 business days.
- If payment is not made within 5 business days, Club services will be withheld until payment is made
- Suspension from the Club may occur if you child is picked up late 3 times within a years’ time.
Parking Lot Procedure
To ensure the safety of everyone, please park your car into a parking space when picking up or dropping off your child. There are many programs and events happening at the Barney Community Center that are not Club related. We need to all work together to ensure that your child(ren) get to your car safely and can be seen at all times.
If your child misses a day of school due to illness, suspension, or expulsion, attendance to the Club is not allowed until your child returns to school.